If you enjoy this blog, here is an opportunity to give back to the people who have helped it to become what it is.
CTA’s ARDYIS (Agriculture, Rural Development and Youth in the Information Society) programme has been nominated for the WSIS Project Prizes in the category 13: e-agriculture. This is the organization that has trained many young people across Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific in areas such as Web 2.0 and Social Media for Development. I am a product of their training, that is why I call them our grandparents.
WSIS Project Prizes recognise the efforts of stakeholders for their added value to society and commitment towards achieving the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) goals. The winners will be selected from the three (3) most voted projects and announced at the WSIS Forum 2015, to be held in May 2015 in Switzerland.
Through initiatives such as blog competitions (YoBloCo Awards), the support of ICT for agriculture entrepreneurship by youth (AgriHack Talent), Web 2.0 training targeted to youth, Social Reporting at various events, and the constant interactions with youth via its mailing lists since 2010, the ARDYIS Programme has supported youth in agriculture and strengthened youth capacities and opportunities in ICT for agriculture (e-Agriculture) in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries.
Vote right now!
The voting process for the WSIS Project Prizes has started and it’s time to support and vote for ARDYIS!
Here are the steps you need to follow to vote:
1. Go to: http://bit.ly/wsis-link - Log in if you/your organisation are already registered on the WSIS platform, or register by clicking on the link « click here » on that page (in blue)
If you are not registered, provide your contact details on the page. A confirmation message will be sent to you automatically by a WSIS account – check your email (if needed your spam box) and click on the confirmation link ; go back to WSIS Prize homepage or to http://bit.ly/wsis-link and log in
2. Once you have logged in, you will be required to provide your organisation's name and country (the name of your organisation can be your current employer or any other organisation you are affiliated to, that has an interest in this topic).
3. Read the voting instructions if needed, or go directly to the « Vote » tab (see image below)
4. You can now start voting. Under the Voting tab, you will find a list of projects in 18 Categories. ARDYIS is nominated in the category e-agriculture (category 13) ; but you need to vote for one project in each category, from 1 to 18. If not, your vote for ARDYIS will not be counted. Under Category 13, look for the ARDYIS programme, and click on « Vote for this project ...» (see below)
5. You will be asked to confirm your vote for each project in the 18 categories.
6. After voting for a project in all categories, a thank you message will appear on your screen. Check also your mailbox (if needed wait for some minutes), you should receive a message from WSIS indicating that you have voted. And you are finally done!
This information is also available on the ARDYIS website: http://bit.ly/ardyis-wsis
Please note that the voting process will take you around 10 minutes. If you are having any issues to vote, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly spread the word to the youth in your organisation and members of your networks, to vote for us to support youth in agriculture and ICT, and better put these issues in the spotlight.